Private sailing lessons
Private Sailing Instruction
Have a tough schedule or very particular goals?
Croatia Sailing Center can tailor private sailing lessons to meet your special needs and goals.
If you’re looking for a private non-certifying introductory or refresher lesson, on sailboats of any size, we can create a custom sailing course just for you!
Private lessons can focus on any aspect of the sailing world, such as proper sail trim, navigation, docking, under sail, anchoring, heavy weather, crew overboard rescue techniques, coastal navigation, spinnaker work, knots, racing and more.
- We’ll help find a boat that best fits the conditions, game plan and availability.
- We are also able to make food and/or beverage arrangements during your lesson.
Certified ASA instructors offer professional sailing instruction for the beginner through advanced sailor for both classroom and practical on-the-water skills.
Theoretical and practical part includes:
- Sailing Theory
- Safety at sea and ship
- Port / Starboard side.
- Wind ward / lee ward side
- Why the boat is going forward (Bernoulli’s law)
- Safety Gear
- Points of Sailing
- Tacking & Jibing
- Crew Responsibilities
- Helmsmanship & Commands
- Getting Underway & Making Sail
- Sail Trimming
- Securing the Boat
- Nautical Terminology
- Finding & Reading the Wind Direction
- Mechanics of Rig & Sail
- Preventing Collisions at Sea
- Navigation Rules
What to wear:
We’d recommend wearing soft-soled, comfortable shoes, a warm jacket, Layered clothing is the best way to dress. You can store an extra jacket or sweater in the boat’s cabin.Rain jacket, tight pants (mostly in winter sailing), sailing gloves, double shoes, T-shirts and long-sleeved, short and long pants, sunscreen to protect from the sun – a high factor, hat head, towels and more personal hygiene, bathing.
Arrival: Saturday till 18:00
Start: Sunday morning
Completion: Sunday evening
DATES – PRICES
You will receive a quote based on your request
Included in the price:
- Full time ASA Instructor
- All course materials,
- Hands on sailing
- Sailing Boat with all sailing and safety equipment
- All linens, towels, blankets etc… (Beach towels not included)
- Bottled water, soft drinks, juices during the day,
- All Fuel costs during your course
- Harbor fees, marina fees, local taxes, yacht insurance
- Cleaning fee