Learn to Sail
Skipper school – swiftly, persistently and safely
Many crew members dream of becoming a skipper, the person responsible for the crew and boat, while sailing with experienced sailors. They ask themselves whether they could take on the role of boat captain, or they even think they could do a better job than their captain.
However, being aware of, and accepting, the unwritten rule of never complaining while at sea, because the ultimate authority is that of the skipper, captain, commander, they can’t find a situation where they could test their instincts, their hidden dreams, their abilities and skills.
We offer the conditions where they can test their abilities, so that they are not condemned to “kitchen-duty” or deck-duty for all those who feel they have enough experience to start training for the role of skipper, responsible for crew and boat, so that they can make a final decision regarding their dilemma – can they take over the role of skipper of a sailboat?
Take this skipper course in Croatia!
Object of the course:
use your knowledge and skills gained upon the successful completion of the course to become responsible for a sailboat and inexperienced crew
Age: for all adults (aged 16 to 18 with parental written consent)
Min. experience: 15 days sailing, 300 nM in your logbook, 4 hours of night navigation
Prerequisites: completed advanced sailing course or sailing experience and knowledge of the advanced sailing course acquired in another school or otherwise (we reserve the right to assess your skills upon arrival at the course)
Aquired skills: managing a sailboat and crew safely during day and night
Accommodation: on board
Sailing area: waters of Istra (depending on the weather, wind and weather forecast).
Duration: 6 days
08:30 – introduction to the program
10:15 – departure
13:00 – Lunch break (anchoring)
14:00 – navigation
17:00 – return to the marina and reorganizing ship
Program of the skipper’s course
– Practicing standard maneuvers in daytime, nighttime, and extraordinary conditions for attaining teamwork, accuracy and speed of all crew members
– Anchoring and setting sail in extraordinary weather conditions at day and night – Accuracy and speed in planning and following a navigation plan with the use of terrestrial and satellite navigation in daytime and nighttime sailing conditions
– Anchoring and setting sail using only sails
– Handling extraordinary conditions due to unexpected malfunctions or breakage of boat equipment
– Safety equipment, methods of use and safety procedures
– Reaching the level of skills for independently handling a sailboat
– 24 h of sailing – organization on board Special attention is devoted to the safety of the crew and boat.
Rain jacket, tight pants (mostly in winter sailing), sailing gloves, double shoes, T-shirts and long-sleeved, short and long pants, sunscreen to protect from the sun – a high factor, hat head, towels and more personal hygiene, bathing.
Arrival: Saturday till 18:00
Start: Sunday morning
Completion: Thursday evening
DATES – PRICES
919 € Per person minimum 4 students